March 14th Update
2 TIMOTHY 1:7 - “GOD HAS NOT GIVEN US A SPIRIT OF FEAR, BUT OF POWER AND OF LOVE AND OF A SOUND MIND.”
Dear TBC Family,
At Truth Baptist Church, we are a family. We are literal brothers and sisters in Christ, and by our love for each other the world will know that we are Christ’s followers.
Our church family members and communities are facing two crises: a virus that is real, dangerous, and spreading, and a social/economic crisis with the shutting down of many parts of our society. In both the virus and the response to the virus, fear is abounding in our society.
We want to be diligent in doing our part to keeping each other safe. We want to take a moment to communicate with you how we are being proactive and prayerfully using wisdom to keep our congregation and community safe and healthy.
At this time, we are planning to hold the normal services on Sunday, although we do plan to have a much smaller attendance. For older people, people with chronic medical conditions, people with compromised immune systems, and those in close contact with people who are at higher risk of complications, we urge you to take precautions and stay home as we cannot guarantee that no one who attends tomorrow will be carrying the COVID-19 virus. If you are sick or feeling “off,” please also stay home.
For those who stay home, we encourage you to take advantage of the livestream (directions are at the bottom of this email) for the morning and evening services.
What we are doing:
- We have ended the Truth Basketball season with the hopes that we can have the remaining games and tournament at the end of April and/or beginning of May.
- The teen movie activity on Saturday has been cancelled.
- The men’s prayer breakfast has been moved to 8:00am Saturday morning and will include a time of prayer for our church and community at this time.
- We will be disinfecting the doors and major contact points in the building before each service.
- The nursery has been deep cleaned and disinfected.
- We may have limited children’s classes and childcare, but the teachers have been instructed to wipe down their rooms before and after each use.
- Pastor Rowley has ordered and will hopefully be installing in the coming week UV-C disinfecting lighting in the HVAC system throughout the building.
- We are praying for our church as we face these uncertain times ahead to find ways to be a light to our community and live intentionally as disciples of Jesus Christ.
What we ask you to do:
- Pray. Pray for the ones most vulnerable to this virus. Pray for our country and leadership. Pray for the Gospel to be spread around the globe.
- Normal greetings should be changed to foot bumps, elbow bumps, waves, and smiles.
- Maintain personal space as much as possible and when practical (the CDC recommends at least 1 meter of space).
- If you feel sick or even “off,” please stay home.
- Support those who are at higher risk of complications from COVID-19 or have close contact with those who are at higher risk of complications in tangible ways as you have opportunity.
- Support those who have childcare needs due to school closures by offering to help as you can.
- Practice good habits of covering coughs or sneezes with your elbow or a tissue, washing your hands often for 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces as you can. We will have disinfectant spray and paper towels in the lobby for this purpose.
If you find yourself in need, please contact Pastor Rowley, Keith, Eli, Melanie, or any deacon or leader. We are committed to being responsive to texts, calls, and emails as this situation progresses.
The livestream can be accessed on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube 10 minutes before the start of the service. If you have questions about accessing the livestream, please text Linda at 860-997-5454 or Melanie at 860-906-6783.
We will provide necessary updates to you via email and post them on truthbaptistchurch.org. We ask that you be prayerful for our world and community, specifcally for those who are directly impacted by this virus.
Praying for and with you all,
The TBC Staff
“Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.” (Romans 15:13)