May 1 Announcements and Connection Links
Dear TBC Family & Friends,
God is the ultimate provider of every need. He commanded ravens and a destitute widow to take care of Elijah’s needs. In looking at these events in Elijah’s life, we are able to learn some essential lessons about how God supplies needs and how to live in peace when things are tight. Please come or join on livestream in the morning.
Sunday evening we will discuss some of the principles we learned about provision, and we may have some discussion about pastoral candidates. Please continue to pray for wisdom to know how to do this process well and for the Lord to help us find the right person.
1. MOTHER’S DAY VIDEO: Open to anyone… We are asking for short videos (10-15 seconds) or photos of a favorite memory of a mother/grandmother/mother figure or short videos (10-15 seconds) of kids saying something they would like to share with a mom/grandma/mother figure for Mother’s Day. Please be aware that the final compilation video will be posted on social media. Please submit your photo or video by the end of this Sunday, May 2nd, to Chloe’s email at moc.liamg@noissimjeolhc.
2. MEMBERSHIP: We will be voting on Erin Estelle for church membership this Sunday, May 2nd.
3. PASTORAL APPLICANT: The deacons will be meeting on Sunday evening to discuss any feedback and determine next steps in the process, so if you can please reply to this email with your feedback before Sunday evening, we would greatly appreciate it. Because we trust God’s leading through the entire body, everyone’s feedback is important. If you have any questions, please contact Keith, Eli, PR, or one of the deacons (Adam, Ed, Elvis, Jay, Jim, and Steve).
4. TEACHERS: If you are working regularly with TBC children ages 2-teens, please plan to attend a Teacher’s Workshop at 12pm, this Sunday, May 2nd. Light snacks and childcare will be provided.
5. PURITY SEMINAR: On Saturday and Sunday, May 15th & 16th, Bruce Meyer from Maranatha University will be presenting a seminar entitled “God’s Plan for Purity: Ministering the Gospel to those Struggling with Sexual Brokenness.” Bruce is a compassionate communicator and counselor. Please plan to attend!
6. VBS: VBS week is July 5-9th this year. If you would like to help, please let Chloe Mission or John or Alisa Dannecker know. You can also mark your calendars for the next two VBS meetings on May 16th and June 6th.
7. As a general reminder, please don’t come to church in person if you or anyone in your household have any flu-like symptoms or Covid-19 symptoms. Please continue to pray for God to protect our church from this virus.
Click on the link at the time of the meeting to be taken to the Zoom meeting or Livestream.
Sunday School classes are both in person and over Zoom. If you don’t see your child’s age group, please join the class that is closest to their age group.
Sunday, 9:15am - 2’s - 5’s Sunday School Class (IN PERSON ONLY)
Deanna Rowley teaches this class. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 1st - 2nd Grade Sunday School Class (IN PERSON ONLY)
Chris Lanyon teaches this class. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 1st - 4th Grade Sunday School Class
Kirsten LaBranche is teaching all 3rd - 4th graders in person and 1st - 4th graders over Zoom. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 5th & 6th Grade Class
Ron Radziewicz and Adam Ploszaj teach this class for boys and girls in the 5th and 6th grade age group both in person and over Zoom. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - Junior High Boys Class (7-9th grade)
Scott Powell and Jon Mission teach this class for boys in 7th-9th grade both in person and over Zoom. Any boys in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - Junior High Girls Class (7-9th grade) (IN PERSON ONLY)
Sharon Purdie teaches this class.
Sunday, 9:30am - Teen Sunday School Class
10-12th grade teens are invited to this class taught in person and via Zoom taught by Keith Tower and Chloe Mission.
Sunday, 9:15am - Young Adult Bible Study (IN PERSON ONLY)
Jim Hoover and the St. Pierres are teaching this class. They are going through a series on Genesis by Max Lucado. Anyone in this age group is welcome to join.
Sunday, 9:15am - Skip Mission Adult Bible Fellowship Class
This is a class on evangelism. The gospel spread to the whole Roman empire in 40 years without technology. Hmmm? We will Zoom the class from church from the classroom off of the Gym. Contact Skip for handouts at ten.labolgcbs@noissimjjbw. Anyone is welcome to join.
Sunday, 9:15am - Ladies’ Bible Study and Prayer
Beth Mission’s group is both in person and over Zoom for all ladies. Any ladies are welcome to join.
Sunday, 9:15am - Pastor Rowley’s ABF Class
Anyone can join. Please join us if you haven’t found an ABF that fits.
Sunday, 9:30am - “Communication in Marriage” Adult Bible Study (IN PERSON ONLY)
This class meets upstairs in the gym in the Young Married’s classroom. Anyone is invited to join.
Sunday, 10:30am - SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP SERVICE
The livestream can be accessed on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube 15 minutes before the start of the service. Gather the whole family to worship with us for our morning service either in-person or via livestream on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube.
Sunday, 10:50am - Junior Church
Junior Church will be in person (ages 4-8) and over Zoom (ages 4-11) at 10:50am. Junior Church will begin after the song service during the main worship service time.
Sunday, 5:00pm - Prayer Time for Church and Community Needs (Zoom Only)
Anyone can join and pray with us!
Sunday, 6:00pm - SUNDAY EVENING SERVICE (Zoom Only)
Pastor Rowley will be bringing a challenge over Zoom.
Tuesday, 7:00pm - Joseph & Rebecca Pondugula Life Group (Zoom Only)
This life group is open to anyone via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - TEEN Group Bible Study & Fellowship
Any teens are invited to join. Teens are meeting in person and via Zoom. Pastor Rodriguez leads the teen group.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Ron Radziewicz Life Group (Zoom Only)
Anyone is invited to join via Zoom. This life group is doing the study “Teach Us to Pray.”
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Rudy Nelson Life Group
This life group is studying the book of John. Anyone is invited to join in person at church or via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Pastor & Deanna Rowley Life Group (Zoom Only)
Anyone is invited to join via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Kevin Tower Life Group
This life group is studying the life of Christ through the Gospels. Anyone is invited to join in person at church or via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Elvis & Christine Chidozie Life Group (Zoom Only)
This life group is currently studying the Gospel according to John and focusing on the theme of true life and what this means for us today. Anyone is invited to join via Zoom.
Thursday, 7:00pm - Chuck & Debbie Jutras Life Group (Zoom Only)
This life group is studying the book of John. Anyone is invited to join via Zoom.
If you would like to join a Life Group or Adult Bible Fellowship group, please just join in via the links above or text or call Kevin Tower at 860-916-5062.
If you have a prayer request or need help in some way, please contact the any of our staff and/or the Care Team at gro.hcruhctsitpabhturt@maeTeraC.
Looking Unto Jesus,