July 31 Announcements and Connection Links
Dear TBC Family & Friends,
We are looking forward to having the Vo’s with us tomorrow to candidate for our pastoral opening.
ABF’s will operate as normal with all the regular classes and teachers.
Sunday morning John Vo will be preaching for us and Sunday evening will be an in person “Get to Know You” Q&A with John & Kristen.
- We will be having a fellowship after the in-person evening service in order to have time for everyone to meet the Vo’s. See details below.
Please pray that God will give us wisdom and the Vo’s wisdom about His will.
On a personal note I am thankful to be back and appreciate those who carried on faithfully in our absence. We had a great time with our family. Thank you for the opportunity to get away for that period. It is good to go but good to return (even though I had a root canal yesterday. Ug!)
1. BAPTISM: We will be having a baptism on August 8th after the morning service. If you would like to be baptized, please let Pastor Rowley or Pastor Rodriguez know by August 1st.
2. PASTORAL CANDIDATE VISIT: John and Kristen Vo and their family will be visiting our church and community August 1st-9th. If you want a summary of the feedback from John Vo and his references that the deacons have compiled or links to his resume or sermons, please reply to this email. If you have any questions or feedback about his visit or about him or his family, please reply to this email or talk with one of the deacons or pastors. Here is the schedule for this visit:
Sunday, August 1st - John & Kristen and their family will be at our church this Sunday.
- John will be preaching for the morning service.
- The prayer meeting at 5pm will be in the Adult Classroom next to the Young Adult room in the gym on Zoom and in person.
- For the evening service at 6pm, we will be both in person and on Zoom. We will have a “Get to Know You” Q&A with John & Kristen. If you need the recording of the Q&A, please reply to this email.
- We will be having a fellowship after the in-person evening service in order to have time for everyone to meet the Vo’s. For the fellowship, families A-M should bring a couple dozen sandwiches, and families N-Z should bring a large salad to share. The church will provide beverages and ice cream for dessert.
August 2nd - 7th - John and/or Kristen are willing to meet with people during the week they are here. Please reply to this email or text Melanie if you would like to schedule a time to meet with them. They will also be taking some vacation time in the surrounding area during this week.
Sunday, August 8th - John will teach for our ABF time (combined) and preach for us during the morning service. He will also be with us for the evening service (in person and Zoom) for a time of Q&A.
3. SOCCER: You can register your 7-12 year olds for soccer on our website. Soccer starts August 28th. Please see Keith if you would like to help with the league in any way this year!
4. TEEN GROUP: Teen group is cancelled for this week, August 4th. Teens can join their parents in life groups if they would like.
5. SIGHT & SOUNDS TRIP: The Rodriguez’s are planning a Sight & Sounds overnight trip for teens and adults to watch the story of Queen Esther on November 26-27. If you would like to participate in this trip, please let Madeline know ASAP. We have a limited number of tickets. The cost of the trip will include tickets, hotel lodging, gas, and maybe a meal. The group will be taking the church bus. Please see Madeline Rodriguez for more details.
6. As a general reminder, please don’t come to church in person if you or anyone in your household have any cold, flu-like symptoms, or Covid-19 symptoms. Also, if you have had any exposure to anyone with Covid within the past 10 days, please do not come to church in person unless you have taken a test. Also, if you have had Covid, please do not come back until you have followed the CDC recommendations for when you can leave quarantine. If you have any questions, please contact Melanie or any of our pastors. Please continue to pray for God to protect our church from this virus.
Click on the link at the time of the meeting to be taken to the Zoom meeting or Livestream.
Sunday School classes are both in person and over Zoom. If you don’t see your child’s age group, please join the class that is closest to their age group.
Sunday, 9:15am - 2’s - 3’s Sunday School Class (IN PERSON ONLY)
Amy Pepe & Connie Greenwood teach this class. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 4’s - 5’s Sunday School Class (IN PERSON ONLY)
Deanna Rowley teaches this class. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 1st - 2nd Grade Sunday School Class (IN PERSON ONLY)
Chris Lanyon teaches this class. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 1st - 4th Grade Sunday School Class
Wendy Tower & Chastity Ruscitti are teaching all 3rd - 4th graders in person and 1st - 4th graders over Zoom. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 5th & 6th Grade Class
Ron Radziewicz and Adam Ploszaj teach this class for boys and girls in the 5th and 6th grade age group both in person and over Zoom. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - Junior High Boys Class (7-9th grade) (IN PERSON ONLY)
Scott Powell teaches this class for boys in 7th-9th grade. Any boys in this age group are invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - Junior High Girls Class (7-9th grade) (IN PERSON ONLY)
Erin Estelle teaches this class.
Sunday, 9:30am - Teen Sunday School Class
10-12th grade teens are invited to this class taught in person and via Zoom taught by Keith and Kateri Tower.
Sunday, 9:15am - Young Adult Bible Study (IN PERSON ONLY)
Jim Hoover and the St. Pierres are teaching this class. They are going through a series on Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges. Anyone in this age group is welcome to join.
Sunday, 9:15am - Skip’s Class will be Joining with PR’s class on August 1st and August 8th
As a follow up to Bruce Meyer’s messages “God’s Plan for Purity,” we will discuss the materials he presented as well as several other Bible passages regarding sexuality from his dissertation. We will Zoom the class from church from the classroom off of the Gym. Contact Skip for handouts at ten.labolgcbs@noissimjjbw. Anyone is welcome to join.
Sunday, 9:15am - Ladies’ Bible Study and Prayer
Beth Mission’s group is in person for all ladies. Any ladies are welcome to join.
Sunday, 9:15am - Pastor Rowley’s ABF Class
We are studying the book of Joshua. Anyone can join.
Sunday, 9:30am - “Parenting” by Tedd Trip - Adult Bible Study (IN PERSON ONLY)
This class meets upstairs in the gym in the Young Married’s classroom. Anyone is invited to join.
Sunday, 10:30am - SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP SERVICE
The livestream can be accessed on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube 15 minutes before the start of the service. Gather the whole family to worship with us for our morning service either in-person or via livestream on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube.
Sunday, 10:50am - Junior Church
Junior Church will be in person (ages 4-8) and over Zoom (ages 4-11) at 10:50am. Junior Church will begin after the song service during the main worship service time.
Sunday, 5:00pm - Prayer Time for Church and Community Needs (Zoom & In Person in Adult Classroom in Gym)
Anyone can join and pray with us!
Sunday, 6:00pm - SUNDAY EVENING SERVICE (Zoom Only)
Pastor Rowley will be bringing a challenge over Zoom.
Tuesday, 7:00pm - Joseph & Rebecca Pondugula Life Group (Zoom Only)
This life group is open to anyone via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - NO TEEN Group This Week
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Ron Radziewicz Life Group (Zoom Only)
Anyone is invited to join via Zoom. This life group is doing the study called “Whisper.”
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Rudy Nelson Life Group
This life group is studying the book of John. Anyone is invited to join in person at church or via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Pastor & Deanna Rowley Life Group (Zoom Only)
Anyone is invited to join via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Kevin Tower Life Group
This life group is studying the life of Christ through the Gospels. Anyone is invited to join in person at church or via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Elvis Chidozie Life Group (Zoom Only)
This life group is currently studying the Gospel according to John and focusing on the theme of true life and what this means for us today. Anyone is invited to join via Zoom.
If you would like to join a Life Group or Adult Bible Fellowship group, please just join in via the links above or text or call Kevin Tower at 860-916-5062.
If you have a prayer request or need help in some way, please contact the any of our staff and/or the Care Team at gro.hcruhctsitpabhturt@maeTeraC.
Looking Unto Jesus,