February 20th Connection Links and Updates
Dear TBC Family & Friends,
What is “The Lie?” Three times in the New Testament the “The Lie” is set in contrast with “The Truth.” Jesus tells us that Satan is the source of “The Lie.” People who reject God exchange “The Lie” for “The Truth.” Those who reject the Gospel are sent a strong delusion to believe “The Lie” because they did not love “The Truth.” As a result they will be sent into eternal condemnation if they do not believe “The Truth” before they die.
We are living in a world where people are deceived into thinking that lies are truth, darkness is light, right is wrong and wrong is right. We know that Satan is making headway in the world when men have periods, the woman standing in front of you is to be called “he,” diversity and inclusion means that anyone that disagrees with you is to be shunned as an enemy, equity means treating people unequally, biblical morality is considered immoral, believing man’s view of right is superior to God’s and seeing Christianity and the Bible as an obstacle to true human fulfillment. Come tomorrow in person or on live stream to understand clearly the reason for the world’s confusion. In the end, only God can truly satisfy the human heart. He made us, loves us and desires to give us “an abundant life.”
In the evening we will talk about how we see “The Truth” being replaced for ”The Lie” in the world and how God has put us here to make an impact on a lost, blind and confused world.
1. BABY SHOWER: Ladies & teen girls are invited to attend a baby shower for Lauren Conrad (Linda Ploszaj’s daughter) on Saturday, March 6th, at Hope Ploszaj’s home in Windsor, CT. The shower style will be Drop Off or Pop In, whichever you feel more comfortable with. Lauren is registered at Amazon and Target under “Mark Conrad & Lauren Conrad.” Please RSVP to Linda if you can attend or need directions or registry links at 860-997-5454.
2. LADIES: This year, instead of doing the Secret Pal ministry, we are going to have ladies prayer groups where ladies who would like to be part of this ministry are paired up with 2 or 3 other ladies for the rest of the year to have a running text chain of prayer requests with each other and at least once a month Zoom prayer calls together. If you would like to be part of this ministry or have questions or other ideas, please reply to this email or speak with Linda, Kateri, or Melanie. We will try to set up prayer groups by March 7th.
3. GOOD FRIDAY SERVICE: If you would like to be a part of the Good Friday service in a musical capacity, please text or speak with Chloe Mission ASAP or reply to this email. The Good Friday service will be on April 2nd with several rehearsals before then.
4. TEENS: Teens are invited to stay after the morning service this Sunday for the pre-glow from 12pm-3:30pm in the gym.
5. TRUTH BASKETBALL: We are looking at the first Saturday in April as the tentative start to Truth Basketball League. Stay tuned for more details, and be in prayer that the health situation would allow us to still hold our league and that we would be able to reach people this season.
6. HELP NEEDED: The carpet and chairs have been delayed a week due to the snowstorms. If you are available on March 1st to help move pews and get things ready for the installation, please contact Pastor Rowley. Praise: We found a church in Massachusetts that is thrilled to take our pews.
7. As a general reminder, please don’t come to church in person if you or anyone in your household have any flu-like symptoms or Covid-19 symptoms. Please continue to pray for God to protect our church from this virus.
Click on the link at the time of the meeting to be taken to the Zoom meeting or Livestream.
Sunday School classes are both in person and over Zoom. If you don’t see your child’s age group, please join the class that is closest to their age group.
Sunday, 9:15am - 2’s - 5’s Sunday School Class (IN PERSON ONLY)
Deanna Rowley teaches this class. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 1st - 2nd Grade Sunday School Class (IN PERSON ONLY)
Chris Lanyon teaches this class. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 1st - 4th Grade Sunday School Class
Kirsten LaBranche is teaching all 3rd - 4th graders in person and 1st - 4th graders over Zoom. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 5th & 6th Grade Class
Ron Radziewicz and Adam Ploszaj teach this class for boys and girls in the 5th and 6th grade age group both in person and over Zoom. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - Junior High Boys Class (7-9th grade)
Scott Powell and Jon Mission teach this class for boys in 7th-9th grade both in person and over Zoom. Any boys in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - Junior High Girls Class (7-9th grade)
This class will be combined with the 3rd-4th grade class this week.
Sunday, 9:30am - Teen Sunday School Class
10-12th grade teens are invited to this class taught in person and via Zoom taught this week by Pastor Rowley.
Sunday, 9:15am - Young Adult Bible Study (IN PERSON ONLY)
Jim Hoover and the St. Pierres are teaching this class. They are going through a series on Genesis by Max Lucado. Anyone in this age group is welcome to join.
Sunday, 9:15am - Skip Mission Adult Bible Fellowship Class
This is a class on evangelism. The gospel spread to the whole Roman empire in 40 years without technology. Hmmm? We will Zoom the class from church from the classroom off of the Gym. Masks are used by some depending on space / distance in consideration of others. Contact Skip for handouts at ten.labolgcbs@noissimjjbw. Anyone is welcome to join.
Sunday, 9:15am - Ladies’ Bible Study and Prayer
Beth Mission’s group is both in person and over Zoom for all ladies. Any ladies are welcome to join.
Sunday, 9:15am - Pastor Rowley’s ABF Class
Anyone can join. Please join us if you haven’t found an ABF that fits. This week Dave Pepe will be teaching the class.
Sunday, 9:30am - “Communication in Marriage” Adult Bible Study (IN PERSON ONLY)
This class meets upstairs in the gym in the Young Married’s classroom. Anyone is invited to join.
Sunday, 10:30am - SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP SERVICE
The livestream can be accessed on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube 15 minutes before the start of the service. Gather the whole family to worship with us for our morning service either in-person or via livestream on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube.
Sunday, 10:50am - Junior Church
Junior Church will be in person (ages 4-8) and over Zoom (ages 4-11) at 10:50am. Junior Church will begin after the song service during the main worship service time.
Sunday, 5:00pm - Prayer Time for Church and Community Needs
Anyone can join and pray with us!
Sunday, 6:00pm - SUNDAY EVENING SERVICE (Zoom Only)
Pastor Rowley will be bringing a challenge over Zoom.
Tuesday, 7:00pm - Joseph & Rebecca Pondugula Life Group
This life group is open to anyone.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - TEEN Group Bible Study & Fellowship
Any teens are invited to join. Teens are meeting in person and via Zoom. Pastor Rodriguez leads the teen group. 1/6 TEEN GROUP WILL BE IN PERSON AND ON ZOOM FOR THE CHRISTMAS PARTY!
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Ron Radziewicz Life Group
Anyone is invited to join. This life group is doing the study “The Art of Neighboring.”
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Chuck & Debbie Jutras Life Group
This life group is studying the book Daniel. Anyone is invited to join via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Pastor & Deanna Rowley Life Group
Anyone is invited to join.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Kevin Tower Life Group
This life group is studying the life of Christ through the Gospels. Anyone is invited to join.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Elvis & Christine Chidozie Life Group
This life group is currently studying the Gospel according to John and focusing on the theme of true life and what this means for us today. Anyone is invited to join.
If you would like to join a Life Group or Adult Bible Fellowship group, please just join in via the links above or text or call Kevin Tower at 860-916-5062.
If you have a prayer request or need help in some way, please contact the any of our staff and/or the Care Team at gro.hcruhctsitpabhturt@maeTeraC.
Looking Unto Jesus,