August 7th Announcements and Connection Links
Dear TBC Family & Friends,
In the morning John Vo will be teaching a combined ABF from junior high through adults in the auditorium. He will then be preaching for the morning service.
On Sunday evening we will have a question and answer time with John. If you have any questions, please submit them to the following email and hopefully there will be time to answer most of them.
If anyone would like to talk to the Vos directly, please do not hesitate to do so after church or even Sunday afternoon as they have time.
Some have asked what it takes for our church to call a pastor. Our constitution says we need to have at least a 75% positive vote once we bring a candidate to vote, although we would love to see an even more unified vote if possible.
Next Sunday during the evening service we plan to have a Zoom discussion about how we all feel the visit with the Vos went. If after the Zoom service next week the pastors and deacons feel that the overall leading of God seems positive for calling the Vos to be our next lead pastor, we would likely vote on Sunday, August 22nd. We will communicate with our members sometime soon after the August 15th Sunday evening Zoom discussion to let them know how we will proceed.
We are planning to begin in person Sunday evening services in September and have some compelling ideas to help each of us to grow in spiritual depth and effectiveness. We are working on opportunities for the children also, but please let Melanie know if you are interested in helping with the kids. Please pray that God will help our church to be a spiritually powerful force for God in this area as we move forward.
Some have also asked me what I plan to do in the future. At this point my wife and I are committed to TBC unless God would move us for some reason which we cannot see at this time. I believe God has positioned our church to accomplish His will as we move forward. At this moment I am working to get the landscaping approved by the Town of South Windsor Planning and Zoning Department. We have the CO on building itself but have not received approval for the parking lot and landscaping. Please pray this project can be brought to a full conclusion.
1. BAPTISM: We will be having a baptism immediately following the morning service in the gymnasium. We hope you can stay after to witness this special time.
2. PASTORAL CANDIDATE VISIT: John and Kristen Vo and their family have been visiting our church and community this week, and tomorrow will be their last Sunday here. If you have any questions or feedback about his visit or about him or his family, please reply to this email or talk with one of the deacons or pastors. Here is the schedule for tomorrow:
This Sunday, August 8th - John will teach for our ABF time (combined at 9:15am in the auditorium and on Zoom) and preach for us during the morning service. He will also be with us for the evening service (in person and Zoom) for a time of Q&A. Please reply to this email by tonight with any questions you would like submitted for the Q&A time on Sunday evening.
3. SOCCER: You can register your 7-12 year olds for soccer on our website. Soccer starts August 28th. Please see Keith if you would like to help with the league in any way this year!
4. SIGHT & SOUNDS TRIP: The Rodriguez’s are planning a Sight & Sounds overnight trip for teens and adults to watch the story of Queen Esther on November 26-27. If you would like to participate in this trip, please let Madeline know ASAP. We have a limited number of tickets. The cost of the trip will include tickets, hotel lodging, gas, and maybe a meal. The group will be taking the church bus. Please see Madeline Rodriguez for more details.
5. As a general reminder, please don’t come to church in person if you or anyone in your household have any cold, flu-like symptoms, or Covid-19 symptoms. Also, if you have had any exposure to anyone with Covid within the past 10 days, please do not come to church in person unless you have taken a test. Also, if you have had Covid, please do not come back until you have followed the CDC recommendations for when you can leave quarantine. If you have any questions, please contact Melanie or any of our pastors. Please continue to pray for God to protect our church from this virus.
Click on the link at the time of the meeting to be taken to the Zoom meeting or Livestream.
Sunday School classes are both in person and over Zoom. If you don’t see your child’s age group, please join the class that is closest to their age group.
Sunday, 9:15am - 2’s - 3’s Sunday School Class (IN PERSON ONLY)
Amy Pepe & Connie Greenwood teach this class. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 4’s - 5’s Sunday School Class (IN PERSON ONLY)
Deanna Rowley teaches this class. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 1st - 2nd Grade Sunday School Class (IN PERSON ONLY)
Chris Lanyon teaches this class. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 3rd - 4th Grade Sunday School Class
Katie Garcia is teaching all 3rd - 4th graders in person and 1st - 4th graders over Zoom. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 5th & 6th Grade Class
Ron Radziewicz and Adam Ploszaj teach this class for boys and girls in the 5th and 6th grade age group both in person and over Zoom. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - Combined ABF Class
We are studying the book of Joshua. Anyone can join.
Sunday, 10:30am - SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP SERVICE
The livestream can be accessed on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube 15 minutes before the start of the service. Gather the whole family to worship with us for our morning service either in-person or via livestream on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube.
Sunday, 10:50am - Junior Church
Junior Church will be in person (ages 4-8) and over Zoom (ages 4-11) at 10:50am. Junior Church will begin after the song service during the main worship service time.
Sunday, 5:00pm - Prayer Time for Church and Community Needs (Zoom & In Person in Adult Classroom in Gym)
Anyone can join and pray with us!
Sunday, 6:00pm - SUNDAY EVENING SERVICE (Zoom Only)
Pastor Rowley will be bringing a challenge over Zoom.
Tuesday, 7:00pm - Joseph & Rebecca Pondugula Life Group (Zoom Only)
This life group is open to anyone via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Teen Group (In Person)
Any teens are invited to join. Teens are meeting in person. Pastor Rodriguez leads the teen group.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Ron Radziewicz Life Group (Zoom Only)
Anyone is invited to join via Zoom. This life group is doing the study called “Whisper.”
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Rudy Nelson Life Group
This life group is studying the book of John. Anyone is invited to join in person at church or via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Pastor & Deanna Rowley Life Group (Zoom Only)
Anyone is invited to join via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Kevin Tower Life Group
This life group is studying the life of Christ through the Gospels. Anyone is invited to join in person at church or via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Elvis Chidozie Life Group (Zoom Only)
This life group is currently studying the Gospel according to John and focusing on the theme of true life and what this means for us today. Anyone is invited to join via Zoom.
If you would like to join a Life Group or Adult Bible Fellowship group, please just join in via the links above or text or call Kevin Tower at 860-916-5062.
If you have a prayer request or need help in some way, please contact the any of our staff and/or the Care Team at gro.hcruhctsitpabhturt@maeTeraC.
Looking Unto Jesus,