August 14th Announcements and Connection Links
Dear TBC Family & Friends,
Is there life after failure?
What is the main impact of our life?
What are the character qualities of a person God chooses to use?
These are questions we will survey on Sunday morning in our study of Elijah and Elisha. Elisha wanted a double portion of Elijah’s spirit and power. We should constantly seek to have a more powerful and impactful life for Jesus Christ. See you Sunday morning.
Sunday evening we are going to have a Zoom discussion seeking to hear input about our pastoral candidate. We will then have a deacon’s meeting on Sunday evening and decide whether to move forward with a vote. If things go well with the Sunday evening discussion, we will then vote on him to be our lead pastor next Sunday morning both in person and via email. We will know by Sunday evening.
A few have asked voting questions. What is a quorum according to our constitution? Ans: 1/3 of members must vote for the vote to be valid. What percentage must be positive? Ans: 75% of those voting
We are planning to start in person Sunday Evening Meetings but probably not until after the Revival and Harvest Banquet at the end of September.
1. TBC SUNDAY EVENING ZOOM DISCUSSION: This Sunday evening we will be discussing the candidate family’s visit as a church. We invite you to join and share your thoughts about how you feel the Vo visit went. If after the Zoom discussion the pastors and deacons feel that the overall leading of God seems positive for calling him to be our next lead pastor, we would vote on Sunday, August 22nd. We will communicate with our members sometime soon after the August 15th Sunday evening Zoom discussion to let them know how we will proceed.
2. SOCCER: You can register your 7-12 year olds for soccer on our website. Soccer starts August 28th. Please see Keith if you would like to help with the league in any way this year!
3. WEEKEND TO REMEMBER: Please see the Rodriguez’s for more details on a Weekend to Remember opportunity for married couples. If you register between August 23 through September 13 you can get 1/2 Price. The WTR itself will happen on October 22 - 24 at the Marriott in Windsor, CT.
4. SAVE THE DATE: September 25th is our Harvest Banquet. We will also be having the Frazor team coming for special services from September 26-30th.
5. As a general reminder, please don’t come to church in person if you or anyone in your household have any cold, flu-like symptoms, or Covid-19 symptoms. Also, if you have had any exposure to anyone with Covid within the past 10 days, please do not come to church in person unless you have taken a test. Also, if you have had Covid, please do not come back until you have followed the CDC recommendations for when you can leave quarantine. If you have any questions, please contact Melanie or any of our pastors. Please continue to pray for God to protect our church from this virus.
Click on the link at the time of the meeting to be taken to the Zoom meeting or Livestream.
Sunday School classes are both in person and over Zoom. If you don’t see your child’s age group, please join the class that is closest to their age group.
Sunday, 9:15am - 2’s - 3’s Sunday School Class (IN PERSON ONLY)
Amy Pepe & Connie Greenwood teach this class. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 4’s - 5’s Sunday School Class (IN PERSON ONLY)
Deanna Rowley teaches this class. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 1st - 2nd Grade Sunday School Class (IN PERSON ONLY)
Chris Lanyon teaches this class. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 3rd - 4th Grade Sunday School Class
Katie Garcia is teaching all 3rd - 4th graders in person and 1st - 4th graders over Zoom. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - 5th & 6th Grade Class
Ron Radziewicz and Adam Ploszaj teach this class for boys and girls in the 5th and 6th grade age group both in person and over Zoom. Anyone in this age group is invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - Junior High Boys Class (7-9th grade) (IN PERSON ONLY)
Scott Powell teaches this class for boys in 7th-9th grade. Any boys in this age group are invited.
Sunday, 9:15am - Junior High Girls Class (7-9th grade) (IN PERSON ONLY)
Erin Estelle teaches this class.
Sunday, 9:30am - Teen Sunday School Class
10-12th grade teens are invited to this class taught in person and via Zoom taught by Keith and Kateri Tower.
Sunday, 9:15am - Young Adult Bible Study (IN PERSON ONLY)
Jim Hoover and the St. Pierres are teaching this class. They are going through a series on Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges. Anyone in this age group is welcome to join.
Sunday, 9:15am -Adult ABF Class
As a follow up to Bruce Meyer’s messages “God’s Plan for Purity,” we will discuss the materials he presented as well as several other Bible passages regarding sexuality from his dissertation. We will Zoom the class from church from the classroom off of the Gym. Contact Skip for handouts at ten.labolgcbs@noissimjjbw. Anyone is welcome to join.
Sunday, 9:15am - Ladies’ Bible Study and Prayer
Beth Mission’s group is in person for all ladies. Any ladies are welcome to join.
Sunday, 9:15am - Pastor Rowley’s ABF Class
We are studying the book of Joshua. Anyone can join.
Sunday, 9:30am - “Parenting” by Tedd Trip - Adult Bible Study (IN PERSON ONLY)
This class meets upstairs in the gym in the Young Married’s classroom. Anyone is invited to join.
Sunday, 10:30am - SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP SERVICE
The livestream can be accessed on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube 15 minutes before the start of the service. Gather the whole family to worship with us for our morning service either in-person or via livestream on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube.
Sunday, 10:50am - Junior Church
Junior Church will be in person (ages 4-8) and over Zoom (ages 4-11) at 10:50am. Junior Church will begin after the song service during the main worship service time.
Sunday, 5:00pm - Prayer Time for Church and Community Needs (Zoom & In Person in Adult Classroom in Gym)
Anyone can join and pray with us!
Sunday, 6:00pm - SUNDAY EVENING SERVICE (Zoom Only)
Pastor Rowley will be bringing a challenge over Zoom.
Tuesday, 7:00pm - Joseph & Rebecca Pondugula Life Group (Zoom Only)
This life group is open to anyone via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Teen Group
Any teens are invited to join. Teens are meeting in person. Pastor Rodriguez leads the teen group.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Ron Radziewicz Life Group (Zoom Only)
Anyone is invited to join via Zoom. This life group is doing the study called “Thriving in Babylon.”
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Rudy Nelson Life Group
This life group is studying the book of John. Anyone is invited to join in person at church or via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Pastor & Deanna Rowley Life Group (Zoom Only)
Anyone is invited to join via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Kevin Tower Life Group
This life group is studying the life of Christ through the Gospels. Anyone is invited to join in person at church or via Zoom.
Wednesday, 7:00pm - Elvis Chidozie Life Group (Zoom Only)
This life group is currently studying the Gospel according to John and focusing on the theme of true life and what this means for us today. Anyone is invited to join via Zoom.
If you would like to join a Life Group or Adult Bible Fellowship group, please just join in via the links above or text or call Kevin Tower at 860-916-5062.
If you have a prayer request or need help in some way, please contact the any of our staff and/or the Care Team at gro.hcruhctsitpabhturt@maeTeraC.
Looking Unto Jesus,